This is an induction program designed to provide new and existing building and construction industry participants with introductory knowledge and understanding necessary to commence or continue work in the building and construction industry, whether it be for work, deliveries, or other business.
It is expected that participants should acquire knowledge, skill and understanding of the following areas:
– OH&S legislative requirements
– Construction hazards and control measures
– OH&S communication and reporting processes
– OH&S incident response procedures
The training is relevant to new and existing workers to the building and construction industry, as well as other personnel wishing to attain a White card.
This course must be completed BEFORE entering a building and construction work site.
Australian regulations state that you must complete Work Health & Safety (WHS) general construction induction training before you can start work in any construction activity.
In order to participate in this course, participants are required to:
– be able to read and write Basic English (Workplace Health & Safety Requirement)
– provide one (1) photographic ID in the form of original or certified copies
– provide two (2) forms of other ID in form of original or certified copies
– be agt least 15 years of age
This course is 5-6 hours including assessment will be conducted in a classroom environment.
On successful completion of this program, participants will receive the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry.
Upon successful completion of the course, the trainer of the course will issue you with a Statement of Training (SOT) and you will receive a physical card in the mail within 2 – 3 weeks.