Forklift driving is classified as high risk work and therefore legislation requires forklift drivers to be assessed for competency and obtain a high risk work licence.
This course is delivered by experienced trainers and assessed by SafeWork NSW approved assessors.
This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and ability to safely operate a forklift truck according to SafeWork NSW standards.
To safely and legally operate a forklift in a NSW workplace you must:
– be licensed and competent to operate
– follow safe operating procedures including following the traffic management rules at your workplace.
The total duration for this course is 22 hours (3 days) as follows for both skilled and non-skilled operators.
The course duration is 22 hours (including 16 hours of training):
– 10 hours of supervised theory instruction
– 6 hours of supervised practical instruction (simulated workplace)
– 4 hours theory assessment (including calculations)
– 2 hours of practical assessment
This course is based on the High Risk Work (HRW) licence requirements.
Licence class (LF)
Statement of attainment – TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck