Order Picking Forklift driving is classified as high risk work and therefore legislation requires forklift drivers to be assessed for competency and obtain a high risk work licence.
This course is delivered by experienced trainers and assessed by SafeWork NSW approved assessors.
This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and ability to safely operate an order picking forklift according to SafeWork NSW standards.
Order picking forklift truck also known as Stock Picker, means an order picking forklift truck where the operator controls are incorporated with the lifting media and elevate with the lifting media.
To safely and legally operate an order picking forklift in a NSW workplace you must:
– be licensed and competent to operate
– follow safe operating procedures including following the traffic management rules at your workplace.
The total duration for this course is 22 hours (3 days) as follows for both skilled and non-skilled operators.
The course duration is 22 hours (including 16 hours of training):
– 10 hours of supervised theory instruction
– 6 hours of supervised practical instruction (simulated workplace)
– 4 hours theory assessment (including calculations)
– 2 hours of practical assessment
This course is based on the High Risk Work (HRW) licence requirements.
Licence class (LO)
Statement of attainment – TLILIC0004 Licence to operate an order picking forklift truck